Friday, 26 November 2010

Learning to Look

Although I make my creative living through felt, I am always on the look out for ways I can improve my artistic skills in other areas. Sort of like running my own arts foundation course (I have no formal art qualifications).

A couple of weeks ago, Jane organised a life drawing day. I'd never done any life drawing before, and was keen to try it out. Below are some of my first ever life sketches:




They look a bit skewed on camera, but I am a little proud of them.

On another note...
I have just run off the first load of this years' Christmas card design. I made the lino cut at the weekend, after putting out our first bird feeders. Birds really sum up this time of year for me, as they suddenly become so visible when all the background noise and colour of the summer has been turned down.

No comments:

Post a Comment